Saturday, January 31, 2009

Tidal Rhythms...

Yes, it's been very quiet of late. Winter is a season of slumber and introspection (unless you're a skier). But without the serene beauty of snow-covered hills (accompanied by a crackling fire, a hot toddy and a warm heart--two, if you're lucky...), we wouldn't even notice the arrival of springtime. Can you tell I grew up in California?

It's all about balance--the ebb and flow of life.

It's been a wicked wild winter for Yours Truly (I love alliteration!). I am a seeker, a spirit in motion, and I learned several Life Lessons during this, my first "off season." I piloted a heavily-laden U-Haul truck over the Rockies in late December ("Kidz, don't try this at home..."), cast the demons out of my beloved titanium road warrior (under the tutelage of Bates McLain, brother Celt and Master Velo Exorcist), and lived to tell about it. We unraveled the mystery that had the Campy "experts" stumped, and somewhere Tulio Campagnolo is nodding and smiling benignly. If you want to hear "the rest of the story" (and as all my friends can attest, I am nothing if not a storyteller), you'll have to buy me a pint. Money well spent, I can assure you: "There I was ..."

Warmer days are just around the corner and we'll all be out there eatin' up the tarmac and getting fitter by the day. And we'll all have plenty to blog about soon enough. So many potential crashes, so little time! (I'm just yankin' yer chain.)

See you on the road...

2 comments:

Lee said...

Now that is an entry! Forget the story - can you teach me how to write??? How about I trade some race tipe (I'll clip your wheals and throw some elbows) for some stor ideas?

This is the perfect use of a blog. Thanks!

neocelt said...

Lee, you're on! Just help me find a gig in metro Denver, and we're in business! And the first round's on me...

Live Out Loud!
Aden